Thursday, May 13, 2010

E-mail to my staff......

I sent this e-mail to my staff today and thought I would share with all. The location may change to Waterford, but I'll keep you posted.
-------------

Raise your hand if you just wanted to stay home today. Yes, 48 degrees with pouring rain says – I want to stay home, lay on the couch and fall asleep to a mindless movie. Something like “Weekend at Bernie’s,” where no matter what part you fall asleep and wake up to, they’re still carting around a dead guy somewhere and pretending he’s still alive. Gilligan’s Island are good reruns to doze off to as well. You know the episode where they have the perfect way to get off the island, until Gilligan messes it up............again! Oh wait, that was every episode. I gotta say, after about the 12th time Gilligan did that, I think I would’ve had the professor make me a bamboo pistol with coconut seeds for bullets and wounded Gilligan a bit to keep him out of the way.

Anyway.......For those that weren’t at our staff seminar on Tuesday, I wanted to let everyone know of the challenge that was laid out. Our final count for closings for April was 590 – a new monthly record for Capital Title. Congratulations to all for being a part of the busiest month in our 35 year history. Separately, I had brought up about being at a sports bar in Pittsburgh that had a mechanical bull. I let everyone know that if I wasn’t wearing a suit that day, I would have given it a try. Then Melissa Davis let us all know of a place in Novi that has a mechanical bull and that I could still give it a try. Not sure, but I’m guessing they play country music there too. So here is the challenge that was laid out............If we close 600 or more closings in a month – we’re all gonna meet up at that place in Novi and I have to play “Suburban Cowboy” and give it a ride...........and that’s no bull.

I have my own cowboy hat that I bought in Sedona, but I’ll need to borrow some cowboy boots from Wendy Carlock’s husband. I’ll even get some of that gum that looks like chewing tobacco for the full effect. Another co-worker (who will remain nameless) suggested that I “ride that bull like its dirty”. Since I don’t even know what that means, I’ll decline that request. I will request a Boz Skaggs song to be played when I ride the bull and anyone who was age 15 or older in 1980 should get that reference. I told my daughter of the challenge and she definitely wants to be in attendance for this, so she is rooting for a record month in May or June.

The next 6 – 8 weeks are going to be pretty crazy, so let’s stay focused, stay strong, support each other and prepare yourselves mentally. And know that if we cross that 600 mark, there will be an entertaining evening awaiting the celebration.

Have a great day and thank you for all you do!

--
Tom

No comments: